|Barrys of Bantry|
|Serving West Cork since 1937|
The VTN is the Vehicle Testers Network. Barrys of Bantry have been appointed by our local authority to carry out testing on Light Goods Vehicles (up to 3500kg gross vehicle weight). Yearly testing for such vehicles is mandatory.
We having being carrying out DOE tests for many years. Our staff are certified testers, and our new facility has been designed specifically with the VTN in mind. If you book your vehicle in advance, we can be ready for you when you arrive. We will try to accommodate walk-ins as quickly as possible.
To book directly, please CLICK HERE.
The cost of the LGV test is €111.16 (including 21% VAT), a re-test is €43.58.
Test DOE - 70.86 Re-test - 35.43
RSA levy - 24.00 VAT - 8.15
VAT - 16.30
For Motor Caravans, the cost is slightly less at €93.16
Test - 70.86
RSA levy - 6.00
Preparing for your test:
What if the vehicle does not pass the test?
- Check your lights, tyres and fluids. Internal equipment such as locks, windows, seatbelts and the horn should be working.
- You should allow 60 minutes time for light commercial vehicles; jeeps, vans, pickups.
- The vehicle should be reasonably clean to allow the tester access to the chassis and underbody.
- Bring your Vehicle Licensing Certificate or logbook. (We cannot test without it!)
- Bring the fee in cash, cheque or card.
- We accept laser, visa, mastercard
Upon failure of the test, a retest must be complete either within 21 days, or before the vehicle has travelled 4,000kms.
With the workshop nearby, our mechanics can give you a quick quote for repairs and we can book your vehicle in as soon as possible to minimise the inconvenience to your business.
A visual re-test is free, but a retest that requires a test lane has a fee that is half of the normal test fee.
Where can I find more information?
The Road Safety Authority has compiled a comprehensive guide to the test, which can be accessed here.
Alternatively, call or email us and we will be happy to assist you.